martes, 20 de octubre de 2015

Speaking about physical appearance, possessions, family, etc: Have vs. Have Got (common mistakes)

Check these ways of talking about the things we have or do not have (family, possessions but also different hair styles, eye color, etc...). The options below are possible, but make sure you don't make those mistakes.



I HAVE = I HAVE GOT

I DON’T HAVE much money/ any children = I HAVEN’T GOT much money/ any children (but NOT “I haven’t much money…”)

SHE/HE HAS= SHE’S GOT       

SHE/HE DOESN’T HAVE blue eyes= SHE/HE HASN’T GOT blue eyes (but NOT “She hasn’t blue eyes”)        

DO YOU HAVE a car? = HAVE YOU GOT a car? (but NOT “Have you a car?”)


DOES SHE/HE HAVE wavy hair?= HAS HE/SHE GOT wavy hair…? (but NOT “Has she wavy hair?”)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario